Friday, July 6, 2012

Hope for the Human Race

I know, gentle reader, that I am usually frothing at the mouth with homicidal yet witty rage at the various uncouth antics of my fellow humans.

Yesterday, the universe undertook to remind me that humans possess kindness and courtesy. (And yes New Yorkers just as much as any others.) I would like to take this moment to point out to the universe that my blog is merely a snapshot of my thoughts and I don't think all humans are a waste of genetic material. Just many. Thus, dear universe, please refrain from further reminders.

So there I was, gentle reader, ambling sleepily just outside of the train station in my cute Aerosole wedge sandals and my bad ankles. As the universe and my bad ankles would have it, that was when, for the billionth time ever, my left ankle turned itself and I stumbled.

Those of you who know me have seen this happen time and time again. I catch myself, curse salaciously, wait for the stabbing pain to subside as I walk it off and go on about my day.

Alas, not yesterday.

I double stumbled and then attempted to face plant myself into the pleasantly warm Manhattan pavement. My palms saved my face from that unfortunate fate but nonetheless, gentle reader, there I was, on the ground, ankle throbbing, my bag flung away from me, cursing up a veritable tsunami.

And would you know that some passers by immediately stopped, assisted me to my feet, got my bag for me and made sure I was okay.

I'm fairly certain, a day later, that my ankle is either strained or sprained. But yes, universe, I will concede that while it was with a limping gait that I continued my journey, my fellow humans did uplift more than my clumsy physical shell.

But be wary, universe. This is not over...

No comments:

Post a Comment