Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Oops

This morning I switched train cars twice to find a car where no one was chattering. Then, when the train started to move, the chattering began in that car too.

For a while, I debated various forms of homicide.

And then, in a burst of sparkles and irony, my phone rang. Okay no actual sparkles but definitely irony.

It was my grandmother and thus a choice between liver chewing now (she wants me to do THINGS) or liver chewing later.

I picked now.

For the record though, it was not a quiet car, I kept my voice low and got her off the phone as quickly as I could (have you ever tried to cut off a Jewish grandma in full speed ahead mode?).

And to be fair to grandma, she did wish me a happy anniversary before the liver chewing commenced.

Ah family.

No comments:

Post a Comment